UNI EN ISO 9001 - UNI EN ISO 14001 - CODE OF CONDUCT - MADE IN ITALY -
SUSTAINABILITY - COMPANY POLICY
LWG Audit Certificate Gold
DMD SOLOFRA SPA operates in a scenario- tanning industry- which is characterized by:
- A growing competition;
- Demand’s concentration for traditional sectors;
- Focus on product’s quality and quality/price ratio;
- High water consumption and the use of many chemical make it one of the industries with the highest environmental impact.
These environmental issues have led to new facilities and services that have partially reduced the impacts on the surrounding area.
In this scenario, in order to keep its status and obtain new market areas, the company has to focus on product/service quality as a business strategy, with an eye on “sustainable development”.
That is , an economic growth which is able to safeguard the environment and the people’s health, protecting the life-quality level of future generations.
Quality and Enviroment Protection should be pursued at all stages, from orders reception to materials purchase, until the delivery of the finished product to customers. They are aimed at:
- Customer’s satisfaction;
- Batter enviromental performance;
- Continuous improvement.
Customer’s satisfaction means:
- Fulfilling customers’ needs, in terms of product’s customization;
- Providing skins which meet the expected requirements;
- Respecting delivery time;
- Being timely and flexible when responding to customers’ demands and needs;
- Keeping contacts with the client and providing clear information;
- Respecting the applicable requirements related to the products designed fot the client. Reach regulation and consumers' code. Legislative decree 206/05) and for internal procedures (iso)
- Selecting “ad-hoc” communication’s strategies so that people can understand the environmental impacts of the company’s activity and the customer-service forms, in order to maintain an effective and open dialogue with the customer;
Achieving higher environmental performance means:
- Meeting all the applicable requirements of the current environment legislation.
- Responsible use of natural resources, especially non-renewable ones, supporting conservation, responsible consumption and use of water and energy resources;
- Preserving the company’s surrounding area, (soil and subsoil, in particular), water bodies and air, managing the different environmental issues in a responsible way.
- Providing a safe and healthy work environment to all workers, inside and outside the company, and to the people living in its area.
- Preventing pollution at all stages of materials transportation and during both the productive process and the delivery of the finished product.
- Minimizing the amount of waste, making efforts for their proper management.